IEC-60364-7-701 › Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 7-701: Requirements for special installations or locations - Locations containing a bath or shower
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 60364-7-701:2019 applies to electrical installations in indoor or outdoor locations where a bath tub and/or a shower is intended to be permanently placed in a specific location.
The extent of the location containing a bath tub and/or a shower is limited by:
– the lowest finished floor level;
– a horizontal plane 3 m above the lowest finished floor level;
– a vertical circumscribing virtual surface at a distance of 4 m from the fixed water outlet for the bath tub or shower; and
– the volume within the walls, floor and ceiling that border the location containing a bath or shower, measured to a depth of 6 cm.
The requirements of this document also apply to fixed electrical installations in mobile applications, for example caravans, mobile homes, shower containers. This document does not apply to emergency facilities, for example emergency showers used in industrial areas or laboratories.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2006. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– the scope gives precisions relevant to the application of this document;
– the description of zones is improved;
– relevant terms are defined.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60364-7-701 Ed. 3.0 b:2019
Oct. 1, 2019