IEC-60754-2 › Test on gases evolved during combustion of materials from cables - Part 2: Determination of acidity (by pH measurement) and conductivity
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 60754-2:2011 specifies the apparatus and procedure for the determination of the potential corrosivity of gases evolved during the combustion of materials taken from electric or optical fibre cable constructions by measuring the acidity (pH) and conductivity of an aqueous solution resulting from the gases evolved during the combustion. The general method specified in this standard is intended for the testing of individual components used in a cable construction. Formulae are given for the calculation of a weighted value for a combination of materials found in a specified cable. The use of this method will enable the verification of relevant requirements for either individual components or combined components of a cable construction stated in the appropriate cable specification. A simplified method is included for the testing of individual components where it is required only to demonstrate compliance with a stated performance requirement for quality control purposes. The significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- improved definition of safety requirements relating to capture of gases;
- introduction of guidance on the preparation of test specimens for more even combustion;
- better expression of tolerances and precision;
- clarification of the conductivity and acidity functions;
- improved definition of the heating procedure;
- greater precision in the definition of the test temperature for the determination of pH value and conductivity;
- correction of the formulae for the calculation of the test results.
IEC 60754-2:2011 has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60754-2 Ed. 2.0 b:2011
Nov. 1, 2011