IEC-60943 › Guidance concerning the permissible temperature rise for parts of electrical equipment, in particular for terminals
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC/TR 60943:1998+A1:2009 is intended for guidance in estimating the permissible values for temperature and temperature rise of component parts of electrical equipment carrying current under steady state conditions. The present report is intended to supply:
- general data on the structure of electric contacts and the calculation of their ohmic resistance;
- the basic ageing mechanisms of contacts;
- the calculation of the temperature rise of contacts and connection terminals;
- the maximum ""permissible"" temperature and temperature rise for various components, in particular the contacts, the connection terminals and the conductors connected to them;
- the general procedure to be followed by product committees for specifying the permissible temperature and temperature rise.
This consolidated version consists of the second edition (1998) and its amendment 1 (2009). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC/TR 60943 Ed. 2.1 b:2009
March 1, 2009