IEC-61158-6-2 › Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 6-2: Application layer protocol specification . Type 2 elements
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 61158-6-2:2019 provides common elements for basic time-critical and non-time-critical messaging communications between application programs in an automation environment and material specific to Type 2 fieldbus. The term .time-critical. is used to represent the presence of a time-window, within which one or more specified actions are required to be completed with some defined level of certainty. Failure to complete specified actions within the time window risks failure of the applications requesting the actions, with attendant risk to equipment, plant and possibly human life.
This International Standard specifies interactions between remote applications and defines the externally visible behavior provided by the Type 2 fieldbus application layer. The purpose of this document is to define the protocol provided to
a) define the wire-representation of the service primitives defined in this document, and
b) define the externally visible behavior associated with their transfer. This document specifies the protocol of the Type 2 fieldbus application layer, in conformance with the OSI Basic Reference Model (ISO/IEC 7498-1) and the OSI application layer structure (ISO/IEC 9545).
This fourth edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- clarifications of response PDU formats in case of failure in 4.1.5;
- clarifications of connection request priority definition and handling in 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124;
- clarification of connection remaining path in 126.96.36.199;
- extensions of general syntax in 188.8.131.52;
- extensions and clarifications of Identity object PDUs in 184.108.40.206;
- updates of Assembly object PDUs in 220.127.116.11;
- extensions and clarification of Time sync object PDUs in 18.104.22.168;
- updates of Parameter object PDUs in 22.214.171.124;
- extensions of Connection Manager object PDUs in 126.96.36.199;
- clarifications of Connection object PDUs in 188.8.131.52;
- extensions and clarifications of message and connection paths in 4.1.9;
- updates of object and service class codes in 4.1.10 and error codes in 4.1.11;
- updates of data types in 4.2.4, 5.1.3 and 5.2.3;
- updates of the encapsulation abstract syntax in 4.3;
- updates to the DLL mapping protocol machine 2 in Clause 11;
- miscellaneous editorial corrections.
To find similar documents by classification:
35.110 (Networking Including local area networks (LAN), metropolitan area networks (MAN), wide area networks (WAN), etc. Private Integrated Services Network (PISN), see 33.040.35 Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), see 33.080)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 61158-6-2 Ed. 4.0 en:2019
June 1, 2019