IEC-62305-4 › Protection against lightning - Part 4: Electrical and electronic systems within structures
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 62305-4:2010 provides information for the design, installation, inspection, maintenance and testing of electrical and electronic system protection (SPM) to reduce the risk of permanent failures due to lightning electromagnetic impulse (LEMP) within a structure. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2006, and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
1) Isolating interfaces capable of reducing conducted surges on lines entering the structure are introduced.
2) Minimum cross-sections for bonding components are slightly modified.
3) First negative impulse current is introduced for calculation purposes as electromagnetic source of harm to the internal systems.
4) Selection of SPD with regard to voltage protection level is improved to take into account oscillation and induction phenomena in the circuit downstream of SPD.
5) Annex C dealing with SPD coordination is withdrawn and referred back to SC 37A.
6) A new informative Annex D is introduced giving information on factors to be considered in the selection of SPDs.
This bilingual version (2012-06) corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2010-12.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 62305-4 Ed. 2.0 b:2010
Dec. 1, 2010