ISO-21219-15 › Intelligent transport systems - Traffic and travel information (TTI) via transport protocol experts group, generation 2 (TPEG2) - Part 15: Traffic event compact (TPEG2-TEC)
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
ISO/TS 21219-15:2016 specifies the TPEG application: Traffic Event Compact (TEC). The TEC application has been specifically designed to support information about traffic events (e.g. road works, traffic jams). A specific form of traffic events are local hazard warnings which, being safety-related messages, are sent with high priority to warn a driver that may encounter dangerous situations (e.g. black-ice, accident beyond curves, obstacles on road, etc.) unexpectedly.
Generally, the Traffic Event Compact application is designed to allow receivers to
- ensure travel safety for the driver,
- enable the calculation of alternative routes,
- avoid delays (e.g. traffic jams),
- warn the driver of obstructions on route, and
- provide the driver with information on infrastructural problems (e.g. closed petrol stations, non-functioning emergency telephones).
To find similar documents by classification:
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
June 1, 2016