ISO/IEC-13818-1 › Historical Revision Information
Information technology - Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information - Part 1: Systems
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
ISO/IEC 13818-1:2013 specifies the system layer of the coding. It was developed principally to support the combination of the video and audio coding methods defined in ISO/IEC 13818-2 and ISO/IEC 13818-3. The system layer supports six basic functions:
- the synchronization of multiple compressed streams on decoding;
- the interleaving of multiple compressed streams into a single stream;
- the initialization of buffering for decoding start up;
- continuous buffer management;
- time identification;
- multiplexing and signalling of various components in a system stream.
To find similar documents by classification:
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
FOR 3RD EDITION AMENDMENT 1 SEE
Nov. 1, 2007
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29