IEC-60695-7-2 › Fire hazard testing - Part 7-2: Toxicity of fire effluent - Summary and relevance of test methods
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 60695-7-2:2011 gives a brief summary of the test methods that are in common use in the assessment of acute toxic potency, and other toxicity tests. It includes special observations on their relevance to real fire scenarios and gives recommendations on their use. It advises which tests provide toxic potency data that are relevant to real fire scenarios, and which are suitable for use in fire hazard assessment and fire safety engineering. This first edition of IEC 60695-7-2 cancels and replaces the first edition of Technical Report IEC/TR 60695-7-2 published in 2002. It constitutes a technical revision and now has the status of an International Standard. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- editorial changes throughout; expanded normative references;
- revised terms and definitions;
- modifications to ""Repeatability and reproducibility"" data throughout;
- modifications to ""Relevance of test data"" throughout;
- modifications to Clause 5;
- new Table 1 and Figure 1;
- introduction of ISO test method in new Subclause 6.6;
- introduction of test method from EN 50305 in new Subclause 6.8;
- revised Annex A and new Table A.1;
- expanded Bibliography.
It has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60695-7-2 Ed. 1.0 b:2011
Aug. 1, 2011