IEC-60754-1 › Test on gases evolved during combustion of materials from cables - Part 1: Determination of the halogen acid gas content
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
Included in this current edition are the following subparts:
ED. 3.0 CORRIGENDUM 1 - Nov. 5, 2013
IEC 60754-1:2011 specifies the apparatus and procedure for the determination of the amount of halogen acid gas, other than hydrofluoric acid, evolved during the combustion of compounds based on halogenated polymers and compounds containing halogenated additives taken from electric or optical fibre cable constructions. The method specified in this standard is intended for the testing of individual components used in a cable construction. The use of this method will enable the verification of requirements which are stated in the appropriate cable specification for individual components of a cable construction. The significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- improved definition of safety requirements relating to capture of gases and use of reagents;
- introduction of guidance on preparation of test specimens for a more even combustion;
- improvements to the procedure for establishing the heating regime;
- improved expression of tolerances and precision;
- definition of the procedure for the blank test;
- introduction of an informative annex giving details of a methodology for the determination of the halogen acid gas content of a sample representative of a cable construction.
IEC 60754-1:2011 Has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60754-1 Ed. 3.0 b:2011
Nov. 1, 2011