ISO-24534-3 › Intelligent transport systems - Automatic vehicle and equipment identification - Electronic registration identification (ERI) for vehicles - Part 3: Vehicle data
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
ISO 24534-3:2016 provides the requirements for an electronic registration identification (ERI) that is based on an identifier assigned to a vehicle (e.g. for recognition by national authorities) suitable to be used for the following:
- electronic identification of local and foreign vehicles by national authorities;
- vehicle manufacturing, in-life-maintenance, and end-of-life identification (vehicle life cycle management);
- adaptation of vehicle data, e.g. in case of international re-sales;
- safety-related purposes;
- crime reduction;
- commercial services;
- adhering to privacy and data protection regulations.
ISO 24534-3:2016 defines the vehicle identification data. This data is called the ERI data and includes the following:
- the vehicle identifier;
- possible additional vehicle-related information (as typically included in a vehicle registration certificate).
All additional vehicle data elements are defined as optional. It is left to local legislation and/or the discretion of a registration authority to use or not to use a particular data element. If used, the value is assumed to be the one registered by the registration authority in accordance with local legislation. This part of ISO 24534 only provides the syntax for all these data elements.
NOTE The secure application layer interfaces for the exchange of ERI data with an ERI reader or writer are specified in ISO 24534‑4 and in ISO 24534‑5.
To find similar documents by classification:
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
April 1, 2016