ISO-8710 › Historical Revision Information
Motorcycles - Brakes and braking devices - Tests and measurement methods
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
ISO 8710:2010 specifies tests and measurement methods for service brake systems and, where applicable, associated parking brake systems of two‑wheeled motorcycles (3‑3), motorcycles with sidecar (3‑4) and tricycles (3‑5) which are intended for use on public roads, in order to establish uniform worldwide test procedures for braking systems.
ISO 8710:2010 does not cover motorcycles which:
- have a maximum speed of less than 25 km/h;
- are equipped for disabled riders.
ISO 8710:2010 sets out the following types of tests:
- dynamic tests:
- dry stop test (single brake control actuated);
- dry stop test (all service brake controls actuated);
- high speed test;
- wet brake test;
- heat fade test;
- parking brake system test;
- failure tests:
- partial failure test (for split service brake systems);
- power‑assisted brake system failure test.
To find similar documents by classification:
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
Aug. 1, 1995
ISO/TC 22/SC 22