IEC-60204-1 › Safety of machinery - Electrical equipment of machines - Part 1: General requirements
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 60204-1:2016 applies to electrical, electronic and programmable electronic equipment and systems to machines not portable by hand while working, including a group of machines working together in a co-ordinated manner. The equipment covered by this part of IEC 60204 commences at the point of connection of the supply to the electrical equipment of the machine. This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2005. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- added requirements to address applications involving power drive systems (PDS);
- revised electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements;
- clarified overcurrent protection requirements;
- requirements for determination of the short circuit current rating of the electrical equipment;
- revised protective bonding requirements and terminology;
- reorganization and revision to Clause 9, including requirements pertaining to safe torque off of PDS, emergency stop, and control circuit protection;
- revised symbols for actuators of control devices;
- revised technical documentation requirements;
- general updating to current special national conditions, normative standards, and bibliographical references.
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60204-1 Ed. 6.0 b:2016
Oct. 1, 2016