IEC-60695-2-12 › Fire hazard testing - Part 2-12: Glowing/hot-wire based test methods- Glow-wire flammability index (GWFI) test method for materials
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 60695-2-12:2010+A1:2014 specifies the details of the glow-wire test to be applied to test specimens of solid electrical insulating materials or other solid materials for flammability testing to determine the glow-wire flammability index (GWFI). GWFI is the highest temperature, determined during this standardized procedure,at which the tested material; does not ignite or, if it does, extinguishes within 30 s after removal of the glow-wire and is not totally consumed, and molten drips, if they occur, do not ignite the wrapping tissue. This standard is to be used in conjunction with IEC 60695-2-10 and IEC 60695-2-13. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes from the previousedition:
- modified title;
- addition of an Introduction;
- clarification of Scope;
- expansion of Clause 2: Normative references;
- definitions added to Clause 3;
- revision of Clause 4 to alignment with the IEC 60695-11 series tointroduce guidance on test programs for material variations;
- clarification of Clause 8: Conditioning (now Clause 7);
- deletion of Clause 9 "Initial measurements";
- expansion of Clause 10: Test procedures (now Clause 8);
- expansion of Clause 11: Observation and measurement (now Clause 9);
- clarification of Clause 12: Evaluation of test results (now Clause10);
- expansion of Clause 13: Test report (now Clause 11).
This standard has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60695-2-12 Ed. 2.1 b:2014
Feb. 12, 2014