IEC-60695-2-13 › Fire hazard testing - Part 2-13: Glowing/hot-wire based test methods- Glow-wire ignition temperature (GWIT) test method for materials
Show Complete Document History
The following bibliographic material is provided to assist you with your purchasing decision:
IEC 60695-2-13:2010+A1:2014 specifies the details of the glow-wire test to be applied to test specimens of solid electrical insulating materials or other solid materials for ignitability testing to determine the glow-wire ignition temperature (GWIT). The GWIT is thetemperature which is 25 K (or 30 K) higher than the maximum test temperature, determined during this standardized procedure, at whichthe tested material does not ignite, or if sustained and continuous flaming combustion does not occur for a time longer than 5 s for anysingle flame event and the specimen is not totally consumed. This second edition of IEC 60695-2-13 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2000. It also constitutes a technical revision.The main changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- modified title;
- addition of an Introduction;
- clarification of Scope;
- expansion of Clause 2: Normative references;
- expansion of Clause 3;
- revision of Clause 4 to alignment with the IEC 60695-11 series tointroduce guidance on test programs for material variations;
- clarification of Clause 8: Conditioning (now Clause 7);
- deletion of Clause 9: Initial measurement;
- expansion of Clause 10: Test procedures (now Clause 8);
- expansion of Clause 11: Observation and measurement (now Clause 9);
- clarification of Clause 12: Evaluation of test results (now Clause10);
- expansion of Clause 13: Test report (now Clause 11).
This standard has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with
To find similar documents by classification:
29.020 (Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc. Electrical diagrams and charts, see 01.100.25 Electrical power stations, see 27.100 Electromagnetic compatibility, see 33.100)
This document comes with our free Notification Service, good for the life of the document.
This document is available in either Paper or PDF format.
IEC 60695-2-13 Ed. 2.1 b:2014
Feb. 12, 2014